1. the original pattern or model from which all things of the same kind are copied or on which they are based; a model or first form; prototype.
2. (in Jungian psychology) a collectively inherited unconscious idea, pattern of thought, image, etc., universally present in individual psyches.
1. expert or nimble in the use of the hands or body.
2. cleverly skillful, resourceful, or ingenious: an adroit debater.
1 : a deep cleft in the surface of a planet (as the earth) : gorge
2 : a marked division, separation, or difference
1 : mental skill or quickness : adroitness
2 : readiness and grace in physical activity; especially : skill and ease in using the hands <manual dexterity>
1. a representation or image, esp. sculptured, as on a monument.
2. a crude representation of someone disliked, used for purposes of ridicule.
3. (Idiom) in effigy, in public view in the form of an effigy: a leader hanged in effigy by the mob.
1. flowing out or forth.
2. something that flows out or forth; outflow; effluence.
3. a stream flowing out of a lake, reservoir, etc.
4. sewage that has been treated in a septic tank or sewage treatment plant.
5. sewage or other liquid waste that is discharged into a body of water, etc.
Fortuitous (adj) [fawr-tyoo-i-tuhs]
1. happening or produced by chance; accidental: a fortuitous encounter.
2. lucky; fortunate: a series of fortuitous events that advanced her career.
1. Also called shadowgraph. a photographic image produced by the action of x-rays or nuclear radiation.
(so that’s what it’s called…)
1 : a place, room, or container where something is deposited or stored : depository
2 : a side altar in a Roman Catholic church where the consecrated Host is reserved from Maundy Thursday until Good Friday
**3 : one that contains or stores something nonmaterial <considered the book a repository of knowledge>
4 : a place or region richly supplied with a natural resource
**5 : a person to whom something is confided or entrusted
1. Easily bent or shaped. See Synonyms at malleable.
**2. Receptive to change; adaptable: pliable attitudes.
**3. Easily influenced, persuaded, or swayed; tractable.
**Prosody (n) [pros-uh-dee]
1. the science or study of poetic meters and versification.
2. a particular or distinctive system of metrics and versification: Milton’s prosody.
3. Linguistics. the stress and intonation patterns of an utterance.
1. one of the thin, narrow, shaped pieces of wood that form the sides of a cask, tub, or similar vessel.
2. a stick, rod, pole, or the like.
3. a rung of a ladder, chair, etc.
a. a verse or stanza of a poem or song.
**b. the alliterating sound in a line of verse, as the w-sound in wind in the willows.
5. Music. staff 1 (def. 9).
1, The state or quality of being tenacious: “Social styles developed in the 19th century withstand, with sporelike tenacity, all that the present century can throw at them” (Larry McMurty).
2. Persistent determination
(Thesaurus: doggedness, perseverance, persistency, pertinacity, tenaciousness, persistence determination, purpose)
1. Of or relating to drama; dramatic: thespian talents.
2. Thespian Of or relating to Thespis.
An actor or actress.